About Lawyers Realty Group
The Expertise of an Attorney & Realtor
Lawyers Realty Group was founded by a real estate attorney seeking to bring a higher level of representation to California homeowners.
The stakes are extraordinarily high in California real estate. Property owners simply cannot afford to settle for anything less than the top level skill and expertise that an Attorney/Realtor can provide.
LAWYERS REALTY GROUP is an attorney owned and operated real estate brokerage that was formed to help level the playing field between struggling homeowners and the banks who are threatening them with foreclosure, eviction, deficiency judgments and collection actions.
Unlike traditional real estate agents, loan mod companies, bankruptcy attorneys, litigators and others who aggressively market their particular one-size-fits-all solution regardless of a homeowner’s future liability and financial well-being, Lawyers Realty Group provides clients with a customized analysis of all their options, free and comprehensive legal counseling and clear direction on how to best resolve their particular mortgage issues – all without charging fees to the homeowner.
No Cost Services for California Homeowners
- Free legal analysis of all of your options, including how to limit or eliminate tax and deficiency liability.
- Complete representation for the option that best suits your situation, whether you need assistance in reviewing a loan modification, filing bankruptcy, seeking a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, pursuing a planned foreclosure or selling in a short sale.
- Free Bankruptcy filing in the BK/Short Sale package.
- Free legal review and fraud analysis of all solicitations from the bank, real estate agents, lawyers or others.
- Free and complete short sale representation including MLS listing, marketing, negotiation, deficiency waivers and closing. You need an Attorney/Realtor® to provide legal leverage and fully protect your interests.
By combining a real estate brokerage with the knowledge and skill of an experienced real estate attorney, Lawyers Realty Group is able to provide full protection for homeowners while charging all costs and fees to the bank. Our team brings extensive experience in real estate law, brokerage, taxation, litigation, bankruptcy and residential lending and offers an unprecedented level of protection for California homeowners. Lawyers Realty Group works aggressively to maximize every possible advantage for the homeowner to help them begin their financial recovery.
Derik N. Lewis, ESQ
Founder, President, and Broker-Owner of Lawyers Realty Group
Having worked in real estate for nearly 30 years, I have lived through many of the ups and downs of the real estate market. I know how to help my clients address and resolve difficult real estate issues. For the past 20 years as an attorney in private practice, I have represented thousands of California homeowners in all aspects of the real estate and mortgage matters.
I began my legal career representing the real estate divisions of some of the world’s largest banks, including JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo Bank, along with one of the largest real estate investment firms in the United States, Principal Life Insurance Company. The insight and experience I gained working for large banks and institutional investors is an irreplaceable benefit for the clients I currently represent.
Prior to becoming a real estate attorney, I was a real estate consultant for regional and national real estate companies such as Trammel Crow, Related Companies and Balcor/American Express. In that capacity, I provided property management services for large residential apartment properties that were experiencing management transitions during rehabilitation and renovation or while under contract for sale.
I graduated magna cum laude from Boston University School of Law. I was honored with the titles of G. Joseph Tauro Distinguished Scholar and Paul J. Liacos Distinguished Scholar for my academic accomplishments. I have also served as a visiting lecturer at USC Gould School of Law, speaking on distressed real estate transactions and the aftermath of the 2007/08 real estate collapse.
I am licensed to practice law in the state of California and also hold both a California real estate broker license and a national mortgage loan originator license.
Professional associations, organization and certifications:
- Admitted to all State and Federal Courts in California
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Realtors
- California Association of Realtors
- Orange County Association of Realtors
- California Regional Multiple Listing Service